Experience the sights of Machu Picchu and South America's largest lake when you spend 12 days in Peru!
Save 10% and Explore the Treasures of the Incas
ALL IN PRICE: From $6,344 CAD - $7,575 CAD
Treasures of the Incas: the mysterious world of the ancient Inca Empire pairs nicely with the flavours of a modern gastronomic powerhouse. From classic Peruvian dishes such as ceviche, to a traditional Pachamanca Feast in Sacred Valley, you'll be inspired to introduce new recipes into your own cooking back home. These sumptuous dining experiences will fuel captivating days exploring the secrets of an ethereal part of the world. From the pulsating capital of Lima to the mist-cloaked mountains of Machu Picchu and the serene waters of South America’s largest lake, you'll be spellbound by Peru.
By booking early, you get the best deals possible, and the biggest choice of trips and departure dates. The longer you wait, the fewer departures offer the early payment discount, meaning you have fewer options. So book early to enjoy the best of both worlds.
Lima: Meet acclaimed local artist Victor Delfin, known for his monumental El Beso sculpture at his workshop in the city's trendy Barranco district.
- Lima: Experience the beautiful 'City of Kings' through the eyes of a Local Expert.
- Machu Picchu: Spend a full day exploring the ancient Inca citadel of Machu Picchu, rediscovered by American historian Hiram Bingham in 1911 after being forgotten for centuries. A Local Expert helps you understand the enigmatic fortress abandoned by the Incas in the 16th century.
- Aguas Calientes: With a Local Expert, explore the cloud forest, visit a working tea plantation and an orchid farm.
- Sacred Valley: At a local camelid farm, meet llamas, guanacos, alpacas and even the rare vicuña and enjoy an insight into how their soft wool is used to make beautiful woven textiles.
- Cusco: With a Local Expert, practice your bartering skills at a local market. Enjoy a fun challenge of purchasing items from the market (with money and a list supplied by your Travelling Concierge) for the best prices possible. All purchases are later donated to local needy families.
- Lake Titicaca: Cruise the lake and learn about the lifestyle and customs of the local people, who bundle reeds from the lake to build floating platforms, houses and canoes.
- Puno: Explore Sillustani to view the stone burial towers 'chullpas' that have dotted the shores since pre-Inca times.
- Macchu Picchu: Learn how to blend the perfect pisco sour.
- Sacred Valley: Delight in a Pachamama feast prepared in an underground oven and served in an exquisite garden in Ollantaytambo.
- Cusco: Dine at MAP restaurant, one of the city’s most prominent restaurants, situated on the lively, modern patio of the Museum of Pre-Colombian Art. This contemporary Peruvian haute cuisine restaurant offers an artistic dining experience, candlelit for a dazzling evening ambiance.
- Lima: Savour an innovative selection of Peruvian cuisine on a Celebration Dinner at Astrid y Gastón, among South America’s most famous restaurants.
- Dining Summary: 11 Breakfasts (B), 9 Lunches (L) and 9 Dinners with wine (DW).
- Lima: Explore the very best of Peru's capital city at the JW Marriott Hotel Lima.
- Sacred Valley: The elegant Tambo del Inka will ensure an indelible stay.
- Machu Picchu: Inkaterra Machu Picchu Pueblo Hotel is an intimate Andean village with terraced hills, waterfalls, stone pathways and 81 whitewashed adobe casitas tucked away in the cloud forest.
- Cusco: The stylishly decorated and luxurious JW Marriott El Convento Cusco is built atop ancient Incan ruins.
- Lake Titicaca: Enjoy the sunsets on the lake from the only five-star hotel region, the Libertador.
INCLUSIVE LUXURY GOLD SERVICES:
- You will be escorted by one of our fine Travelling Concierges, handpicked to serve as your expert guide, consummate organiser, and friend overseas.
- Enjoy the comfort of Luxury Gold's air-conditioned, 40-seat coach with double the standard legroom, onboard restroom and and complimentary bottled water for you to enjoy while travelling.
- Personal radio headsets give you the freedom to wander during visits to famous highlights, without missing any of your Local Expert's fascinating commentary.
- At every hotel, you'll be treated to seamless baggage handling, with prompt delivery inside your room.
- Hotel and restaurant tips are included - you'll never have to worry about how much to give, nor search for foreign currency. We also include all taxes and porterage charges at hotels.
- Stay connected with friends and family with our complimentary coach and hotel Wi-Fi (where available).
- From time to time, your Travelling Concierge will enchant you with a Luxury Gold Flourish, which is a local speciality representing the destination.
- Complimentary, private airport transfers are included on start and end dates and when additional accommodation has been booked through Luxury Gold.
HURRY, OFFER ENDS JANUARY 31, 2019!
Save 10%, book and pay in full by January 31, 2019. Valid on new bookings only and applies only to trips featured in the 2019 Luxury Gold Magazine. Not applicable to Mini Trips and trips that include cruise components, Last Minute Deals, Special Interest or Expert Hosted Itineraries. A $200 deposit is required within three days of booking and full payment is due by the Early Payment Discount date or 45 days before departure, whichever is sooner. This offer is based on availability, does not apply to all journeys/departures, and may be withdrawn at any time and without notice. Further restrictions apply. Contact us for details.
Day 1: Treasures of the Incas - Arrive in Lima, Peru.
Welcome to Peru! On arrival at Lima International Airport, you will be greeted and transferred to your luxurious hotel in Miraflores. You can relax before meeting your Travelling Concierge at 18.00 for a Welcome Dinner, where you'll have the opportunity to get to know your fellow travellers over wine and dinner at Amoramar, in the trendy bohemian district Barranco.
Day 2: Lima City of the Kings
Experience the cultural metropolis of Lima through the eyes of a Local Expert. A mix of modern high rises and ancient temples, you'll delve into the history of the fascinating City of Kings. Explore the UNESCO-listed Historic Centre of Lima, view the cathedral, and visit the Monastery of San Francisco. A Highlight Lunch is served at CALA, known for mouth-watering Peruvian favourites. Experience Lima Your Way and visit the workshop of Víctor Delfín, one of Peru's leading artists best known for his monumental El Beso sculpture, or take a guided visit to MATE-Museo Mario Testino, created by one of the world's most influential photographers.
Day 3: On to the Sacred Valley
Board your flight to Cusco and continue on to Peru's Sacred Valley. Visit the colourful market in the town of Chinchero. Afterwards, meet Nilda Callañaupa Alvarez, a Quechua scholar, president of the Center for Traditional Textiles of Cusco, and a recipient of a TreadRight Foundation grant. Have lunch with Nilda and learn about her mission to preserve traditional weaving techniques and how she has succeeded in bringing weaving once more to the forefront of her community. Later in the afternoon, check in to your luxurious spa resort.
Day 4: Exploring the Sacred Valley
In the town of Maras, you'll meet with a local family who will explain ancient salt mining techniques. Visit the spectacular terraced salt pans and where you will have a chance to participate in the ancient tradition. The salt pans, dating back to Inca times, have been passed down through families for generations and today are maintained in much the same way as they were long ago. Dine the local way as you feast on a typical Peruvian meal, a caja china lunch of fresh vegetables and slow-roasted meats, all cooked in a wooden box. After lunch, witness a private Pachamama Ceremony, or 'Payment to the Earth,' as a local shaman performs the centuries-old ritual.
Day 5: Journey to Machu Picchu
Today you'll visit the town of Ollantaytambo, a national archeological site set on the Urubamba River. Afterwards, board your first-class seats on the Vistadome train for your scenic journey to Machu Picchu village. Enjoy lunch at your rejuvenating resort followed by a guided exploration of its nature trails and fascinating cloud forest ecosystem. One for tea lovers, the afternoon will be spent discovering a working tea plantation, before viewing the world's largest private collection of indigenous orchids. In the evening, learn how to blend the perfect pisco sour before enjoying dinner with wine at the hotel.
Day 6: Mysterious Machu Picchu
No trip to Peru would be complete without visiting the famous UNESCO World Heritage Site of Machu Pichu. With Luxury Gold, you’ll arrive at this striking archeological site before the crowds of day-trippers. Meet your Local Expert for a guided exploration through the enigmatic Lost City of the Incas, rediscovered only 100 years ago by archaeologist Hiram Bingham. See the great Temple of the Sun, Sacred Plaza and the Intihuatana, believed to be an ancient sun clock. In the afternoon, enjoy time to explore Machu Picchu at your leisure or return to your resort. After a full day of discovery, enjoy a delicious dinner with wine, where you can share stories of your day with fellow guests in the serenity of your tranquil hotel.
Day 7: Return to Cusco
Bid goodbye to Machu Picchu as you travel through the Sacred Valley by train en route to Cusco. Stop for a traditional Highlight Lunch and savour a sumptuous Pachamanca Feast of Peruvian cuisine cooked underground. After lunch, get up-close to llamas, guanacos, alpacas and even the rare vicuñas before arriving at your hotel in Cusco, steps away from the Plaza de Armas.
Day 8: Colonial Cusco
Join your Local Expert to explore Cusco, where you'll check out the Temple of the Sun at Korikancha, the cathedral and the citadel of Sacsayhuaman. Shop like the locals do at the San Blas artisan centre. Enjoy free time for shopping on the Plaza de Armas, where you can stock up on a few souvenirs. In the evening, enjoy a candlelit Highlight Dinner with wine at one of the city’s most prominent culinary scenes, the MAP Restaurant in the central Museum of Pre-Colombian Art.
Day 9: Lake Region of Peru
Board your included flight to Juliaca and continue to Puno, nestled along the majestic shores of Lake Titicaca. The peaceful, lakeside Libertador Hotel on Esteves Island is your home away from home.
Day 10: The Floating Islands of Lake Titicaca
Cruise Lake Titicaca to the floating islands of Uros, where locals bundle reeds from the lake to build floating platforms, houses and canoes. On Amantaní Island, join the local community for a lunch of regional specialties. Afterwards, you can explore local handicrafts before returning to Puno, where you can relax until your evening dinner with wine.
Day 11: Puno, Back to Lima
Head to Sillustani on the shores of Lake Umayo to explore the impressive burial grounds, before your flight to Lima. Savor a sensational Celebration Dinner with Wine at the world-renowned Astrid y Gastón. In the ambiance of a magnificent San Isidro hacienda, Chef Gaston Acurio Jaramillo – the father of modern gastronomy in Peru – dreams up innovative dishes for you to enjoy.
Day 12: Depart Lima
Your Peruvian adventure draws to a close as you say goodbye to your fellow travellers and Travelling Concierge, before being transferred to Lima airport.